PORT ANTONIO INTERNATIONAL MARLIN TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Below is a schedule of events for the PAIMT. Please feel free to contact Ron Duquesnay at 876-927-0145 or email email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
· Saturday 27 September –Marlin Mayhem Party scheduled from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. is expected to attract a gathering of at least 300 persons, young and not so young, many of whom will be bussed in from Kingston. This will be an all-inclusive affair and will be of a standard that no self-respecting party person can afford to miss. It will showcase rum, women, songs and boats of the very highest calibre, both Jamaican and from overseas. Contact Michael Mair at 876-815-2000 for tickets (limited quantity).
· Sunday 28th September – Captains’ Briefing on Angling Rules and The Welcome Aboard Party. The main sponsor for this event is Sterling Asset Management. This is a ‘Meet and Greet’Very Informal Cocktail Party at which invited guests will have an opportunity to mingle with the anglers and boat crews and share all the stories of the largest fish ever that never quite made it to the dock. Entertainment will be amply provided by Bunny Rose, Vocalist and the Portland Classical Dance Troupe.
· Monday 29th September – Day 1 of fishing which begins at 8 a.m. with the Opening by the Custos of Portland and ends at 5 p.m. The main sponsor and host for this Evening of Excellence is The Guardian Group. Entertainment will be provided by the world renown Hummingbirds Steel Orchestra.
· Tuesday 30th September – Day 2 of fishing which begins at 7 a.m. and ends at 5 p.m. The main sponsor is The Sir Henry Morgan Angling Association Ltd., your host, providing real and enjoyable entertainment by a Karaoke session for our aspiring singers.
· Wednesday 1st October – The Rest “aka LAY” Day for the main Marlin Tournament,however; the Canoe Tournament will be put on by Sir Henry Morgan for the local canoe fishermen drawn from Montego Bay to St. Thomas, who will number approximately 45 single-engined canoes, limited to three crew each. This unique artisanal event for Jamaica’s local fisher-folk (some are women!!) now celebrates its 30th year, a milestone event. The biggest fish landed last year (510 lbs) was caught by a canoe fisherman, Raymond Campbell on a hand-line, so this is very serious fishing.Main entertainment attraction is an all-inclusive beach party at Sea Bell Resort, which is just outside of Hope Bay and next to Somerset Falls.
Thursday October 2nd– Day 4 of fishing, begins at 7 a.m. and ends at 5 p.m. The Miss Marlin Contestants 2014, sponsored by the Head First Team hailing from Alberta, Canada , will be the main attraction. Miss Marlin Participants are mainly from the surrounding Portland Communities and this has proved to be a very popular event over the last couple of years.
Friday October 3rd – Day 5 of fishing, which begins at 7 a.m. and ends at 3 p.m. This is the final day of the 51st Tournament and ends with our 2014 Grand Prize Giving for which the main sponsor is Wray & Nephew. The 51st PAIM Tournament is already recognised as an elimination angling tournament event for the 15th World Offshore Championship 2015 to be held in Costa Rica, participants chosen from Winners of recognised tournaments worldwide in 2014. This is quite an honour in angling circles. Port Antonio, Jamaica has been recognised for this international since 2000 because of our strict observance on international angling rules!
· Entertainment will be provided by the popular band ” ‘Pon Fire”.. Then we go into year 2015 …… Party cyyaaan’ dun !!
Our mailing address is:
Sir Henry Morgan Angling Association Ltd.
4 West Kings House Close